The Government Affairs intern will work with the ADC Legal Director on relevant policy issues, maintaining and strengthening ADC relations with various government agencies.
- Researching legislative issues
- Tracking legislation
- Documenting legislative votes and congressional actions
- Attending hearings
- Responding to inquiries from congressional offices
- Updating profiles of members of Congress
- Responding to ADC members regarding congressional issues
- U.S. policy in the Middle East
- Civil Rights issues
- Arab-Israeli affairs
- Middle East peace process
- U.S. foreign aid
- At least one (1) year of college
- Good writing skills
- Interest in ADC issues and the legislative process
- Personal interest in civil rights and/or foreign policy
We may be able to facilitate the placement of some applicants in congressional offices on Capitol Hill. If you are interested in being considered for one of these positions, please indicate that on your application. There is no guarantee of placement; the selection of interns is at the discretion of each congressional office.
Click here to view & print the application form.
Mail completed applications to:
1990 M Street, NW Suite 610
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 244-2990