ADC’s Organizing Department is looking for one or two interns. The internship provides valuable and substantive experience in grassroots community organizing, political action, and general office procedures.
- Assist the Vice President with work involving the national network of local chapters
- Work closely with ADC chapters and compile reports on their activities
- Assist in mailings and respond to member inquiries and requests
- Data entry to track organizing and outreach efforts
- Developing and/or editing outreach materials as necessary
- Help plan, develop, and participate in organization’s events both locally and nationally
- Interest in grassroots organizing
- Highly motivated, energetic, and creative
- Must enjoy working with other people
- Experience in community and/or campus organizing
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Full-time during the summer. Schedule is negotiable during the school semester.
Send a completed internship application and indicate that you would like to work in the Organizing Department. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the school year, but must be sent by March 15 for the summer program.
Email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail completed applications to:
1990 M Street, NW Suite 610
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 244-2990