Voter Protection Unit (VPU)
Register to Vote!
Have you registered to vote? Not sure if you're registered?
Click here to register to vote or check your status
Did you face discrimination at the polls?
Report it using our poll incident report form
ADC Voter Protection Unit (ADC-VPU)
The ADC-VPU was established in October 2008. This special unit is dedicated to protect the Arab and Muslim American communities from attempts at chilling the communities‘ right to vote and responding to fear tactics designed to promote hate, division, and hostility against the Arab and Muslim American communities.
How can you volunteer?
ADC-VPU calls for volunteers to make a difference and help protect the rights of all voters. The ADC-VPU needs the assistance of those willing and available to become Election Monitors. Please email your information; including your name, email address, phone number, and voting district to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving your information a member of the VPU will be in touch with you to explain the process.
Election Monitor District Representative:
- Will serve as the go-to person to election monitors across a voting district.
- Responsible for contacting the City or County Clerk should an issue arise.
- Set schedules across a district and be responsible for strategically placing monitors.
- Responsible for reporting to the ADC-VPU on the day‘s activities.
- Someone familiar with election monitoring, organized, familiar with the voting district.
- Primary responsibility will be to ensure the fairness of the election process.
- Will be placed at a polling station by the District Representative.
- Will be given specific instructions on what to look for on Election Day.
- Will be provided instructions on how to report any acts of voter intimidation
- Willing to commit to a 3-4 hour block and have be able to carry out the duties.
Know Your Rights