2012 Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship Awards
15th consecutive year! Join the 50 previous winners!
Purpose: To honor Arab-American students who excel in Media Studies.
- College students classified as a Junior, Senior, or enrolled in graduate school for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Majoring in Journalism, Radio, Television, and/or Film.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA.
- A U.S. citizen of Arab heritage.
Applicants please submit the following items to the ADC Research Institute:
- A one (1) page statement explaining your goals and stating that: you are a U.S. citizen; you are of Arab heritage; and why you merit the scholarship.
- Two original signed letters of recommendation from mass communications professors.
- Copies of your articles, videos, films, etc. (the items will not be returned to you).
- Official academic transcripts including your GPA.
- Permanent home address, phone number, e-mail address, and phone number during the school year.
Deadline: April 1, 2012
Note: Applications must be hard copy. Incomplete, or late applications will not be accepted.
Submit all materials to:
Award winners will be announced and presented Friday, June 22, 2012, at the ADC http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3DzRoccFd5KvbUttpnhUHD%2BPtRXuBmm8National Convention in Washington, DC.