(202) 244-2990
  • Posted on: admin

A Just and Lasting Peace:

A genuine peace with a minimum of justice requires an independent and viable Palestinian state on the territories occupied by Israel in 1967 (West Bank, Gaza, East Jerusalem). Jerusalem should be shared as the capital of both Israel and Palestine. Palestine should be an equal neighbor alongside Israel with peace and security for both peoples.
Since 1988, the Palestinians have officially recognized the state of Israel and accepted its existence on 78% of historical Palestine, with the understanding that a sovereign and viable Palestinian state would be established on the remaining 22%. This is the historic Palestinian compromise for peace which Israel refuses to accept.
For 54 years, Palestinian refugees have not been allowed to return to their homes. The right of return is guaranteed under international law and UN Resolution 194. This must be implemented.
For more information visit http://www.federationforpeace.com