Communications & Media Intern
ADC is looking for an intern to work in media and communications. This internship provides valuable and substantive experience in communications, journalism, public relations, and online publishing.
- Skills Required
- Drafting and proofreading press releases, updates, action alerts, and letters
- Manage and track social media to support ADC’s campaigns and advocacy efforts
- Monitor news coverage of Arab and Arab American issues
- Write articles and take photographs for the ADC E-Times
- Assist in drafting letters to the editor in response to biased press coverage
- Research topical issues and draft talking points, articles, blogs, etc
- Build and update media contact lists
- Respond to public and media information requests
- Act as editor of the ADC Intern Perspectives, a newsletter reflecting on the personal side of the summer intern experience
- Energetic individuals who have a sense of how the media works and are committed to challenging stereotypes of Arabs and Arab Americans
- Solid writing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Mass Communications majors preferred, but not required
- Experience writing for publication
- Preference given to graduate students, seniors and juniors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Indesign; basic knowledge of HTML
Summer schedule is full-time.
Fall and Spring hours are negotiable.
Send a completed internship application and indicate that you prefer the Communications & Media position. Application deadline for Fall internships is August 30th. For Spring, December 30th. For Summer, March 15th.
Send completed applications to:
ADC Intern Coordinator
1705 Desales St NW Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
Please choose ONE (1) form of submission. Electronic preferred.
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved By ADC
Developed & Maintained by Digital Revamp