ADC Live on Al-Jazeera to Discuss NYPD Report on “Homegrown Threat”
Washington, DC | May 29, 2007 | www.adc.org | This Monday, August 27, 2007, the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) will be represented live by Kareem Shora, National Executive Director, on the Al-Jazeera Arabic news television network.
Shora will appear on Al-Jazeera’s live weekly news talk show program “Min Washington” (From Washington) which airs worldwide from 3:00 to 4:00 pm EST (10:00 to 11:00 pm in most of the Middle East). Shora will appear in the segment scheduled to air from 3:30 to 4:00 pm EST (10:30 to 11:00 pm in most of the Middle East).
He will be discussing the New York City Police Department (NYPD) report released recently discussing the threat of homegrown terrorism. Shora is scheduled to appear opposite French criminologist Alain Bauer who served as a consultant to the NYPD on the report. To read ADC’s press release, “NYPD Report at Odds with Federal Law Enforcement” see:
In the past week, ADC has lead efforts at addressing some of the shortcomings of the NYPD report with several media appearances including the following:
1) CNN American Morning (See: https://www.adc.org/index.php?id=3151 )
2) The Associated Press (See: https://www.adc.org/index.php?id=3153 )
3) The New York Times (See: https://www.adc.org/index.php?id=3154 )
4) National Public Radio‘s Diane Rehm Show (See: http://wamu.org/audio/dr/07/08/r1070816-13675.asx )
5) National Public Radio New York (See: https://www.adc.org/mp3/laila.mp3 )
As with all scheduled television programming, the show is subject to change without notice.