ADC Seeking Legislative and Policy Coordinator
The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) is seeking a Legislative and Policy Coordinator to support the ongoing work and mission of the organization. The staff member will play an integral part in helping the organization advocate on behalf of the community.
About the Position
- Monitor legislative actions impacting the community
- Developing and fostering relationships with Congressional offices
- Working with Congressional offices and members on pending legislation
- Proposing new legislation on issues important to ADC
- Plan Congressional briefings and other outreach events to Congressional members/staffers
- Draft Action Alerts and ADC membership engagement material
- Represent ADC at legislative and policy meetings, including Progressive Caucus
- Represent ADC at with meetings with government agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or advanced degree such as J.D.
- 3+ years of experience working with or on Capitol Hill, and with government agencies
- Experience in reviewing, drafting, commenting and editing legislation
- Deep understanding of legislative process and policy issues
- Deep understanding of government agencies and their roles
- Understanding of ADC, Arab Americans and our policy issues
- Strong writing and communications skills, including public speaking
To apply please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume/CV including references
- Writing sample
Please send completed application package via email to: email@example.com.
Please note that due to COVID delivery of mail has been extremely delayed, you are encouraged to submit your application via email.
If you cannot email, you can mail the completed application to:
Mr. Nabil Mohamed
1705 DeSales Road, NW, Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20036
Salary is competitive and includes comprehensive health and benefits package