California Office Coordinator
ADC is seeking to fill a part-time position of California Office Coordinator. The position will be based in the greater Los Angeles/Orange County Area. The primary objective of the California Office Coordinator is to serve as a representative of the ADC and promote the mission of ADC on the West Coast. The LA/OC office will work in conjunction with the ADC National Office, as well as with the local ADC Chapters in California. The Coordinator will work with the local ADC Chapters in order establish the office and ADC’s presence in California. This part-time position has the possibility of developing into a full-time role in the near future. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with the ADC team to accomplish organizational goals.
- Skills Required
- Take on leadership role in establishing and growing the ADC California office
- Conduct fundraising efforts via appeals and event planning
- Work closely with the local ADC chapters in planning the Alex Odeh Conference
- Serve as a liaison to the community, elected officials, and coalition partners
- Build relationships with local attorneys to expand legal support and resources
- Seek and foster new relationships with organizations/individuals that share similar objectives and values as ADC
- Work under the direction of the ADC National Office to expand the relationship with media entities, including Disney, Netflix and others
- Coordinate with local chapters and volunteers to expand volunteer opportunities in the region
- Participate in building campaign coalitions with allies
- 2-3 years of experience in field organizing or campaigning, i.e. grassroots organizing, political campaigning, policy advocacy
- Understanding of social justice and issues that affect the Arab-American community, including census representation, Islamophobic policies, etc.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond quickly to rapid response situations while maintaining a high-quality level of work
- Fluency in Arabic is preferred but not required
- Intrinsic motivation, taking initiative on development of ideas and projects
- A commitment to civil rights and social justice
This part-time position has the possibility of developing into a full-time role in the near future. Up to 25 hours per week.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and two (2) references to:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but preference will be given to applications received by February 15, 2020.
ADC is committed to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socioeconomic circumstance.
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved By ADC
Developed & Maintained by Digital Revamp