ADC is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator to join the ADC National Office in Washington, D.C. The Communications Coordinator will help plan and execute the communications strategy of the organization and advance ADC’s mission through a wide range of media outlets. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the ADC team to accomplish goals and will have the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere. The Communications Coordinator will report directly to the President of ADC.
- Skills Required
- Compensation & Benefits
- Manage day-to-day communication programs and efforts of the organization. This includes working and cultivating relationships with reporters/media outlets, organizing communication strategies, and developing outreach material for distribution to the public and ADC membership.
- Strong writing skills and experience creating press releases, editorials and message documents. Also, write, edit action alerts, media advisories, op-eds, letters to the editor, among other documents.
- Works on ADC Social media and online engagement (digital, social media, blogging); website development, and Development of ADC-TV (YouTube channel).
- Participate in regular strategy sessions about organizing, legal, membership, development, and ADC initiatives; also assist chapters in marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Introduce new and creative approaches designed to expand ADC’s name recognition and reach key audiences (members, donors, policymakers, government officials, advocates, women, and youth).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or other applicable field required. Graduate degree in related field desirable.
- Strong proficiency with Mac OS and Microsoft Windows platforms, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, InDesign, and other programs used to develop content and material. Experience with video production and editing preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in communications. Prefer experience in a policy, legal, or government setting.
- Ability to keep organized in a fast-paced environment, to manage several projects simultaneously, and to adjust to frequently changing demands.
- Candidate should possess knowledge of and commitment to social justice and civil rights issues that are of importance to ADC and the Arab American community.
- Excellent command of the English language, in both speaking and writing; ability to articulate ADC positions, strong ability to communicate in Arabic preferred, but not required.
- A team player that inspires collaboration and functions decisively; flexible and well organized. Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Emotionally mature and self-confident, ability to maintain balance and perspective at all times. Creative, result-oriented, self-starting, and willing to learn.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary based on experience.
- Paid vacation time.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid holidays.
This is a full-time position with regular office hours, requiring some evenings and weekends, as well as remote work.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and two (2) references to:
Nabil Mohamad, ADC National Vice President
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but preference will be given to applications received by February 15, 2020.
ADC is committed to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socioeconomic circumstance.
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved By ADC
Developed & Maintained by Digital Revamp