Job Opening: ADC Communications Coordinator
The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator to join the ADC National Office in Washington, D.C. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for executing overall communications strategy of the organization and advance ADC’s issues through a wide range of media outlets. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the ADC team to accomplish goals and will have the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere. The Communications Coordinator will report directly to the President of ADC.
About the Organization:
The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC), which is non-profit, non-sectarian and non-partisan, is the largest grassroots Arab-American civil rights and civil liberties organization in the United States. It was founded in 1980 by former Senator James Abourezk. ADC protects civil rights, promotes mutual understanding, and preserves the cultural heritage of Arab Americans.
- Excellent writing skills and understanding of civil rights issues, and political matters
- Experience in creating/drafting press releases, Desktop publishing and Design. Preferred but not required is experience using Salsa Labs and Meltwater online platforms.
- Manage day-to-day outreach efforts with press, cultivate relationships with reporters from national and local media outlets, organize news conferences, and monitor media (print, electronic, web).
- Experience with on-line media (digital, social media, blogging); website development, and initiatives using new media platforms (strategy and execution).
- Introduce new and creative approaches designed to expand ADC’s name recognition and reach key audiences (members, donors, policymakers, government officials, advocates, women, and youth).
- Proficient in Microsoft’s Word, PowerPoint and Excel InDesign, Photoshop, Google ads and social media.
- Excellent writing skills, ability to communicate in Arabic preferred, but not required.
- Experience with video production and editing preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Mac and Microsoft Windows products and ability to prepare graphic presentations and conduct internet research.
- Candidate should possess knowledge of and commitment to ADC issues and the Arab American community.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- A team player that inspires collaboration; flexible and well organized.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekends.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in communications.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary based on experience. Excellent benefits include paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and generous paid holidays.
Please send a letter of interest (with salary requirements), resume, and two references by email to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
ADC is committed to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socioeconomic circumstance.