Join the Washington Report on April 10 at the National Press Club for an unprecedented look at the power of the Israel Lobby
Washington, DC | www.adc.org | April 2, 2015 – The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) invites supporters to join the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs (WRMEA) on April 10 at the National Press Club for an unprecedented, frank and overdue look at the power of the Israel Lobby in the United States.
Current students, faculty members, news media, and federal government employees are welcome to apply to attend this unprecedented Friday conference and luncheon at no cost.
Same-day registration is available for $99 on a limited first-come, first-served basis beginning at 8 AM on the 13th floor of the National Press Club. For more information call (202) 939-6050.
Registration 8:00 to 8:55 AM (Bookstore open)
1.0 What Is the Israel Lobby and How Does It Work? 9:00 AM
- Grant Smith: How big is the Lobby and what does it do? An overview of the 501(c) universe.
- Seth Morrison: From the Jewish National Fund to Jewish Voice for Peace and BDS.
- Jeffrey Blankfort: The ADL: Covert action, censure, and courting law-enforcement.
2.0 Are Critical Voices Silenced? 10:10 AM
- Prof. Richard Falk: Weakening and discrediting the UN: The work of pro-Israel NGOs.
- Dr. Alice Rothchild: Silencing voices that question Israeli actions.
- Dr. Jack Shaheen: The use of cultural stereotypes to shape policy.
3.0 Is Freedom of Speech Encouraged on American Campuses? 11:35 AM
- ADC media relations specialist, Amani Al-Khatahtbeh: Daring to speak out on campus.
- Dima Khalidi: Pressures on universities to discipline and punish students and faculty for speech activities.
- Ahmad Saadaldin: Overcoming obstacles: SJP successes.
4.0 Is the Lobby Good for Israel? 1:15 PM
- Miko Peled: How the Lobby enables Israeli policy: Views of an Israeli in America.
- Gideon Levy: Does unconditional support for Israel endanger Israeli voices?
- Huwaida Arraf: The situation of Arab citizens of Israel: Views of an Arab citizen of Israel.
5.0 How Does the Lobby Influence Congress? 2:25 PM
- Former AIPAC employee MJ Rosenberg: Is it all about the money?
- Former Rep. Nick Rahall (D-WV): My experience with the Israel Lobby; The use of dark money.
- Former Rep. Paul Findley (R-IL): What I should have done, and what Congress can do today.
6.0 Is There an Iraq-Iran Continuum? 3:50 PM
- Gareth Porter: The push for war on Iran.
- Reza Marashi: The Iran nuclear deal.
- Paul Pillar: AIPAC/Netanyahu objectives and the American interest.
Click here to view full conference program online.
Support ADC | Become a member | Facebook | Twitter | adc.org
ADC | 1990 M Street NW, Suite 610 | Washington, DC 20036 | (202) 244-2990 | email@example.com
You have received this email through your subscription to ADC’s email list.
If you did not subscribe, or would no longer like to receive email updates, unsubscribe here.
© 2015 ADC. All rights reserved.