ADC Seeks Legal Intern for Fall 2015
Washington, DC | www.adc.org | August 10, 2015 – The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) is seeking a legal intern to work with ADC’s legal department for the fall of 2015. The legal intern position is part of the Anthony Shadid Internship Program.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Interested law students should send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com to initiate the application process.
ADC is the country’s largest and only national Arab-American civil rights organization. ADC has protected the Arab-American community for thirty five years against defamation, discrimination, racism, and stereotyping. ADC offers pro-bono legal counseling through its Legal Department.
Legal interns must have completed one year of law school. (2Ls, 3Ls and LLM students are eligible.)
- Conducting client intake: Legal interns are responsible for conducting the legal intake when people call ADC to report a legal issue. They conduct client interviews over the phone to help determine the facts and legal issues that are involved in each case.
- Casework: Legal interns are responsible for their own cases under the direct supervision of the ADC attorneys. Cases involve employment discrimination, immigration, airline discrimination, hate crimes, educational discrimination, public accommodation, housing, and freedom of speech.
- Amicus Briefs: Legal interns may also assist with the research and writing of ADC amicus briefs in high profile cases, including cases before the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Policy Work: Legal interns will draft policy memos and letters to federal agencies. They will also have opportunities to represent ADC at various meetings with civil and human rights organizations and federal agencies. In addition, ADC Summer Legal Associates are strongly encouraged to write an article related to the issues that ADC handles.
- Events: Legal interns also assist with ADC events, including the annual Turaath celebration of Arab culture which takes place in November.
Constitutional law or seminar, employment law, immigration law and clinic experience, international law, human rights, legislative law, criminal law, and torts.
- Application deadline: Applications are currently being considered on a rolling basis.
- Start Date: Late August/Early September 2015
- End Date: Late November/Early December 2015
ADC | 1990 M Street NW, Suite 610 | Washington, DC 20036 | (202) 244-2990 | firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2015 ADC. All rights reserved.