LEGAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
ADC is the country’s largest national Arab-American civil rights organization. ADC has defended the Arab-American community for 39 years against defamation, discrimination, racism, and stereotyping. ADC offers pro-bono legal counseling through its Legal Department.
Applicants must have completed at least one (1) year of law school. Rising 2Ls and 3Ls are eligible.
- Conducting client intake: Legal associates are responsible for conducting the legal intake when people report an incident to ADC over the phone or online. They also conduct phone interviews with clients to help determine the facts and legal matters of each case.
- Casework: Legal associates are responsible for their own cases under the direct supervision of the ADC attorneys. Cases can involve employment discrimination, airline discrimination, educational discrimination, hate crimes, immigration, and freedom of speech.
- Amicus Briefs: Legal associates assist with the research and writing of ADC amicus briefs in high profile cases, including cases before the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Policy Work: Legal associates draft policy memos and letters to federal agencies. They also have opportunities to represent the ADC at various meetings and conferences with civil and human rights organizations and federal agencies. In addition, legal associates are strongly encouraged to attend hearings and write articles related to the issues that ADC handles.
Constitutional law or seminar, immigration law, international law, human and civil rights, legislative law, clinical law
- Start Date: End of August/ Early September 2019
- End Date: Mid December 2019
Rolling deadline, accepting applications until positions are filled
Email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail competed applications to:
ADC Legal Director
1705 Desales St NW, Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20036